Posted by ipp in Other, tags: Coding
Before you can begin programming, you must first understand the logic and terminology. Pseudocode, is a great place to start; the code is not functional however it is very easy to read and can be converted to other languages. Once you understand Pseudocode it will be possible to teach yourself real languages from source code. Hopefully the wiki page on Pseudocode will make sense to you, after reading the terminology. As always google is a great place to learn and hopefully with the correct terminology you will be able to find what you need. However if you have any questions, don’t be shy to ask us here
- Syntax: The actual code behind a variable.
- Variable: A keyword that links to a value stored in the computers memory. You will assign the “keyword” ex Site=”TutorialNinjas.net”.
- String: A “Text” variable, assign the variable to this if you wish it to act as text.
- Int: A “Integer” variable, assign the variable to this if you wish to perform arithmetic’s.
- Sub/Function: This is a set of instructions that will not be executed until called upon directly in the code.
- If..Then: A conditional statement, If value = true then do this. You may expand with an else statement for if it does not equal true. Other statements are else if, or, and
- Loops: Run a set of commands X times, the most common loop is a “For Loop” another popular one is the “Do While”
No Comments »
If you have been wonding how to make your own HTML web pages, then you came to the right place! A HTML document is a computer language devised to allow website creation. These websites can then be viewed by anyone else connected to the internet. It is easy to learn, with the basics being accessible to most people in one sitting and quite powerful in what it allows you to create.
- If on Windows, open up Notepad. If on Mac, pen up Textedit.
- Start off your webpage by typing: <html>
- Next, give your page a title. For example, type: <title>My Ninja Homepage</title>
- Finally, your ready to include the body of your page. Type <body> and then include all of the information your site will display. Once finished, end it with </body>.
- Whoa! Not so fast! Almost done- just finish your whole webpage with </html>.
- After you make you text you can play around with pictures. I will give you these codes below.
- Now you have your site when you save it save it as “index.html” (or anything else .html)
- Go find a web hosting provider and upload your files there!
Your done! And hopefully youve made a beautiful website. First try not too shabby?
Check out The Complete HTML Referencing Guide for more HTML tags.
For even more information, check out our even-more lengthy HTML tutorial.
No Comments »