Did you know you can jailbreak the 3.0.1 firmware using redsn0w? If you are familiar with the process just update to 3.0.1 and use redsn0w with the old 3.0 firmware and it will jailbreak your 3.0.1! If you are not familiar with the process.
- Update to 3.0.1 if you hav’nt already.
- Find out the rev of your iphone (2G, 3G, or 3GS).
- Download the appropriate firmware from here. It will begin with your model and end in “3.0/7A341?
- Launch Redsnow.
- Click Browse
- Locate the firmware that you downloaded.
- Select both Cydia & Icy, Click Next
- Plug your iDevice in.
- Turn your iDevice off.
- Click Next
- Follow the on screen instructions exactly to put the iDevice in DFU mode. And it’s smooth sailing from here!