Did you know you can share your computers internet connection with others? So if your mac has ethernet(cabled) connection, you can create a wireless network. Or if your MAC has a wireless connection you could share with an ethernet connection(useful for game systems!)
- Open up System Preferences, click the apple in the upper left of your screen and select it.
- Under Internet and Network select Sharing
- Click on “Internet Sharing” but don’t click the check box yet!
- On the Right select where you want to share your connection from and share it to. Example: Share from Built-in Ethernet to AirPort, will create a wireless network.
- Check the check box.
- If creating a wireless network you will not be able to join any wireless networks until this is disabled, just uncheck the box.
- If creating a wireless network, before you enable the service you can change the name of the network or even encrypt it via WEP by clicking on “Airport Options”