If you are running a Jailbroken iPhone on firmware 3.0 and tired of the carrier your phone is locked to; you may now unlock it, thanks to the dev-team. As we write this post there is no way to jailbreak the iPhone 3GS, so you will not be able to unlock it.
What You Need
Note: tmobile USA customers should disable 3G before beginning. To get to the setting go to: Settings > General > Network
- Open Cydia, this is an application that is installed when you jail break your device.
- Go to the Manage tab, the “tabs” are located at the bottom.
- Select the Sources option
- Select the Edit button, this is located in the top right.
- Select the Add button, this is located in the top left.
- Input repo666.ultrasn0w.com (note: the 0 in snow is a zero)in the text box it should read http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com/ and press Add Source.
- You may get a warning, select “Add Anyway“, If you get any other error make sure you have typed the correct URL, that o in snow is a 0(zero)
- As it will update every source not just the one we added, you may get errors in which you can ignore.
- Once it is all done go back to the main cydia menu and press the search tab
- Search for ultrasn0w (again the o in snow is a 0) and install
- Reboot your iPhone 3G