If you have been wonding how to make your own HTML web pages, then you came to the right place! A HTML document is a computer language devised to allow website creation. These websites can then be viewed by anyone else connected to the internet. It is easy to learn, with the basics being accessible to most people in one sitting and quite powerful in what it allows you to create.
- If on Windows, open up Notepad. If on Mac, pen up Textedit.
- Start off your webpage by typing: <html>
- Next, give your page a title. For example, type: <title>My Ninja Homepage</title>
- Finally, your ready to include the body of your page. Type <body> and then include all of the information your site will display. Once finished, end it with </body>.
- Whoa! Not so fast! Almost done- just finish your whole webpage with </html>.
- After you make you text you can play around with pictures. I will give you these codes below.
- Now you have your site when you save it save it as “index.html” (or anything else .html)
- Go find a web hosting provider and upload your files there!
Your done! And hopefully youve made a beautiful website. First try not too shabby?
Check out The Complete HTML Referencing Guide for more HTML tags.
For even more information, check out our even-more lengthy HTML tutorial.