May 27 2008
Artists can charge largeÂ amountsÂ of money to take any picture and make a sketch out of it. Have you ever wished that you could do the same thing for free? Well it’s notÂ difficult. All you need is Adobe Photoshop and a picture!
- Open your desired photo in Photoshop. Hit ‘Ctrl+Shift+S’ and save it as a Photoshop (PSD) file.
(So the original is not altered)
- Go to the Image menu and choose Adjustments > Desaturate to remove the color.
- Right click the layer and duplicate it. Now, Making sure you are on the top layer, Hit ‘Ctrl+I’ to Invert it.
- On the Inverted layer, change the mode from Normal to Color Dodge.
- Under the Filters menu go to Blur > Gaussian Blur and choose the setting that will make it look like a professional sketch. (Normally somewhere within 2.0 and 5.0).